Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm Pregnant!






Everything is different in the jungle and as it poured down rain I was suddenly 40 weeks pregnant and ready to pop!!!!!  See my preggers photo.  I'm telling you, things grow rapidly here.  

Fernando, Kati, Anita and I laughed and laughed today after I put my rain coat on over my purse and decided that I would be the first mama to deliver at Monte de Los Olivos.  Anita will attend my birth.  JaJaJaJaJa.  I delivered rapidly and am back in the city. No pains!  That place is magical.  Now ALL the mamas will come from everywhere.

Today was SUCH a better day.  Thanks for sending all the love.

Arose early again to clouds and impending rain, had breakfast on the roof terrace with Fernando, and motored over to pick up Kati.  We set out for the jungle and wow was it a beautiful drive.  Finally I could breath.

Met my newest friend Anita who works for Centro de Salud at Monte de Los Olivos and her and I will travel to all the small communidades together starting in March.  I love her!  She is smart and kind AND I understand her Spanish.

Also visited my casita (which you all have seen in the evite photo) and will LOVE living and working there after I finish at the hospital. On the weekends, I will live with a family here in Pucallpa if I chose to come back to the city.  I might never come back to the city ;).  I attached a picture of the beautiful Monte de Los Olivos school house, one of Anita, Kati, and I waiting for a taxi to take us back to Pucallpa (Anita is on my left, Kati on my right), one of our Monte de Los Olivos meeting where we made very important decisions today, and one of all of us drinking fresh juice on the side of the road.  One of my favorite things thus far is how I have NO idea what we might be doing next.  One moment we are driving along in a taxi to Pucallpa and the next moment we are relaxing on the side of the road.  Who could have guessed.  Life is different here.

Sister, I've been telling EVERYONE about my new little nephew Tillman.  They are so happy for you and our family to have a new little one.

Not much else to report.  Thinking of you all.

Beth
 

No comments:

Post a Comment