Friday, March 5, 2010

2/8/10 ER Episode #1 and hopefully the #1 and only






Finally HELLO again Colorado!!!!

 

I am going to attempt to catch you all up.  So much has happened and I hope I can remember the good stuff. 

 

Sick again in early February and I’m fairly sure I didn’t eat for a full week.  Uggggh.  SPA BETH PERU as my sister calls it!  I’m tan and on an unintentional weight loss program J.  Broke out in a wicked rash all over my body that everyone in Peru calls “INTOXICADO” so I got to be the INTOXICADO lady for a week in addition to everyone laughing hysterically that I was from Colorado and the color “Colorado” too.  It was a rough start but a funny one!  (I’m sure the rash was from the Bactrim, no more Bactrim thank you).  See the photo of my room (and the windy stairs that lead to my room) where I spent my days moaning and where live now.

 

Finally decided to hit the ER but ONLY to request a 3-day parasite lab test.  They weren’t into just giving me my parasite jars, so I had to go thru the whole workup.  Darn you medical professionals.  I refused the IV and the lab draw considering the state of my immune system and the lack of hand washing that happens here.  After a quick 30-minute exam and conversation I had procured my parasite samples, HAH!  Sweet!  I asked the very kind doctor if I could pay for the services and he showed me to the bathroom J.  That’s how good my Spanish is getting people.   I know you’re jealous now!!!!!

 

Discovered that I had some kind of amoeba, but had already started cipro and was recuperating rapidly.  Apparently that’s all I needed.  YAY Cipro!!!!!  Boo or better yet Poooooo Bactrim ;)

 

In the few hours of health that I was granted, Ascela took me to see the “lanchas” that ship out daily taking people and papayas to Iquitos (a beautiful jungle town in northern Peru that I hope to see one day soon, the trip is 3-5 days by river and apparently breathtakingly beautiful).  See photo of Ascela and I.  Vale came along too.  Also see my pretty nails that Janneth fixes up for me every few days.  

Loving you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment