Sunday, March 7, 2010

2/21/10 – Preparty Aguaytia

Photos aren't posting everyone!  I have spent the day troubleshooting and motocar-ing around to different internet places to no avail.  Alas, See my flicker account to view the rest of the photos.  Thanks! I will try to post more photos on my flicker account so keep looking! 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48184061@N02/

I am using this opportunity to post pre-party Aguaytia photos.  We are waiting for our collective cab to pick us up for our rode trip to Aguaytia, a little hilly town in the jungle about 4 hours from Pucallpa.  YAY!  See pictures of Anita, Anita´s daughter (Ana Luz) in the purple dress, Anita´s half sister (Janneth), the son of Ana Luz (Arturo) and I laughing, and a few lovelies sitting at the dining room table for breakfast. 

I’m not sure that I’ve explained my living situation fully.  I sleep at the house across the street from Anita’s house with Ascela who you all have met previously, but I basically live at Anita’s house.  Anita’s family cooks, so I pay them for my 3 meals a day.  Anita lives in Monte de Los Olivos during the week and at her house in Pucallpa during the weekends.  Her family of 6, as described above live in a tiny 2-bedroom house with concrete floors and a dining room that also functions as the kitchen.  The only other room in the house is converted into an internet café.  They live comfortably and happily and there is always room for more, like me.  They all sleep together in a total of 3 beds, 2 doubles and 1 single.  They have a small dog, 3 cats, and 1 brand new crippled baby grey kitty who was born to one of the 3 big cats.  Her back legs are deformed and don’t function.  She scoots around joyfully playing with her mom and my feet.  Stray dogs come to visit when there is food cooking… there is always room for more.  Other kids come to play in the small house… there is always room for more.  Uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, nieces, grandparents and friends are always visiting... there is always room for more! We all sit around the table that fills the kitchen-dining room and enjoy our time together.  Despite the concrete floors, the wooden walls, the out-house for a bathroom, the small space, I am overwhelmed by the fact that in this house and in this country there is ALWAYS room for more.  Love is without boundaries here and I am so grateful to be a part of this family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment